Open Saturdays, Sundays, and Statutory Holidays from May 19 to Sept. 3, 2018
Light Plant Exhibit Display is open from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Guided tours of the site depart at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
Tours are not available when the site is closed from Oct. 16 to May 18.
Turner Valley Gas Plant is located in the Town of Turner Valley, about 60 kilometres southwest of Calgary along the Cowboy Trail Highway #22.
Get directions to Turner Valley Gas Plant.
- Adults: $12
- Seniors: $10
- Youth 7-17: $4
- Children 0-6: Free
- Family (2 Adults + Youths to a maximum of 8 people): $30
Admission is free for:
- Experience Alberta's History Annual Pass Holders
- Canadian Military and Family (with CFOne Card)
- Cultural Access Pass Holders
Cash only accepted for admissions. No cash machine onsite.
- Public wheelchair accessible washrooms are available.
- Free WiFi.
- The nearest dining can be found in the Town of Turner Valley.
- School groups are welcome to take a guided tour of the site during operating hours.
- Group tours must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
Group Tour Bookings (weekend hours)
- To receive 20% off the total admission fee during the regular weekend tour schedule, a group of 15 or more people must book their tour a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Only 1 cash payment for the entire group will be accepted to receive the discount.
- Group tour bookings include access to the Light Plant Exhibit Gallery and the public tours offered as a part of the regular weekend tour schedule.
Group Tour Bookings (weekday hours)
- Group tours and access to the Light Plant outside of weekend regular hours may be available by special request.
- These bookings must be made at least 2 weeks in advance and are subject to staff and site availability.
- Program fee: $200 for up to 10 people, and each additional guest is $12.
For more information or to book a tour, please contact us.
- Walking paths may be difficult for wheelchairs, strollers, and other devices.
- The surfaces are concrete, gravel, and grass and are uneven in several areas.
- Pregnant and nursing women and any accompanying children under 6 years of age should be aware that there is the possibility of exposure to mercury on the site.
- Pets are not allowed on site tour.
- Closed-toe shoes required on site.
- Dress for the weather as most of the tour is outdoors.
- Tours can last 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Smoking is prohibited at the site.
- Tours and services are in English.
- Large free public parking is available, with turnaround and parking space for RVs (recreational vehicles) and buses.
- No overnight parking.