Open Saturdays, Sundays, and Statutory Holidays from May 19 to Sept. 3, 2018
Light Plant Exhibit Display is open from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Guided tours of the site depart at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
Turner Valley Gas Plant is located in the Town of Turner Valley, about 60 kilometres southwest of Calgary along the Cowboy Trail Highway #22.
Get directions to Turner Valley Gas Plant.
- Adults: $12
- Seniors: $10
- Youth 7-17: $6
- Children 0-6: Free
- Family (2 Adults + Youths to a maximum of 8 people): $30
Admission is free for:
- Experience Alberta's History Annual Pass Holders
- Canadian Military and Family (with CFOne Card)
- Cultural Access Pass Holders
Cash only accepted for admissions. No cash machine onsite.
- Public wheelchair accessible washrooms are available.
- Free WiFi.
- The nearest dining can be found in the Town of Turner Valley.
- School groups are welcome to take a guided tour of the site during operating hours.
- Group tours must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
Group Tour Bookings (weekend hours)
- To receive 20% discount off the total admission fee during the regular weekend tour schedule, a group of 15 or more people must book their tour a minimum of 48 hours in advance.
- Only 1 cash payment for the entire group will be accepted to receive the discount.
- Group tour bookings include access to the Light Plant Exhibit Gallery and the public tours offered as a part of the regular weekend tour schedule.
Group Tour Bookings (weekday hours)
- Group tours and access to the Light Plant outside of weekend regular hours may be available by special request.
- These bookings must be made at least 2 weeks in advance and are subject to staff and site availability.
- Program fee: $200 for up to 10 people, and each additional guest is $12.
For more information or to book a tour, please contact us.
- Walking paths may be difficult for wheelchairs, strollers, and other devices.
- The surfaces are concrete, gravel, and grass and are uneven in several areas.
- Pregnant and nursing women and any accompanying children under 6 years of age should be aware that there is the possibility of exposure to mercury on the site.
- Pets are not allowed on site tour.
- Closed-toe shoes required on site.
- Dress for the weather as most of the tour is outdoors.
- Tours can last 1 - 1.5 hours.
- Smoking is prohibited at the site.
- Tours and services are in English.
- Large free public parking is available, with turnaround and parking space for RVs (recreational vehicles) and buses.
- No overnight parking.